Trade portal profit calculator

From the creator of the Paint color finder and estimator, I created a spreadsheet that uses the global price data from the Blockmarket website to tell you which crafting recipes are the most profitable.

A quick guide to how to use the spreadsheet is included. Currently, the spreadsheet is on both Google Sheets and in Excel. The Google Drive version is public, but editing is restricted to settings, as everything else updates automatically. With the Excel version, you can do whatever you want with it.

[ul]
[li]Google Drive[/li][li]Excel (download on MediaFire)[/li][/ul]

The spreadsheets will be updated periodically. You can make sure you have the current version by looking at the bottom-right corner of the how-to page. The current version number is 0.1.6.

5 Likes

I know you’ve put a lot of work in on this. Well done. On behalf on the regular players, thank you.

Yay, it’s public!

This is really nice how you took the time to do this! Great job!

I like this claculator. :stuck_out_tongue:

Google Drive one isn’t working for me and LibreOffice (Linux) doesn’t seem to work well either :frowning: I’m probably doing something wrong since it works for everyone else…

Great job! Looks nice :slight_smile:

I’ve fiddled with how it gets the prices to move it all into one sheet in Google Drive; tell me if it works now. Can you tell me what’s specifically wrong? Is it the formulas or the price retrieval? I can also save it in a different format if that might help.

I don’t have my laptop nearby but I’ll test it again tomorrow, maybe it’ll work from my iPad. It didn’t load prices, everything was listed as 0.00 GC, even after waiting for it to load

Works perfectly now! I got on just when the server was about to update and the profit from amethyst picks dropped considerably…and basic torches are extremely profitable

O MY!! This is over the top. Can you explain really simply which column shows the profit after expenses?

That would be…Profit T. Profit T is Gain T minus Cost T. The remaining profit columns are just differently weighted.

Profit 1 is the profit divided by the number of items crafted, so things that are crafted in bunches aren’t over-ranked. Profit C is the profit per time crystal spent crafting, which makes it so quickly crafted items are ranked a bit higher, which is useful if you want to factor in time.

That was my reavtion to it:P

Oh my goodness, I can’t believe I didn’t see this earlier. This is really amazing, especially seeing how ridonkulously the prices are these days. Wow! I know this post is a bit late, but thanks for this amazing tool! I think I’m gonna have to move my trade portal closer to my crafting centre. :wink:

It really is amazing; you can compare the prices for a trade portal. :slight_smile:

I just do da maths in ma block head (haha get it blockhead bad pun time with nadaso)

Haha, I get it. :wink:

kind of late but i think the title is spelled wrong. :slight_smile:
calculator*

I absolutely love all your guides, and believe you REALLY help us all out!!! Thanks abc! :smiley:

Now updated to version 0.1.6 to coincide with the release of 1.6. There may be some bugs with the Google Drive version that will be ironed out in the coming weeks.

Just downloaded the new version on Excel. None of the items that require new items seem to be working…
I checked the prices sheet, and I couldn’t see any of the new items on it?