Your preference - Anarchy server with no rules, or an authoritative server?

Just a small question regarding what you like about a server; which type of server is suited well to your play style? I personally prefer anarchy vanilla with no rules. Anything goes. There’s virtually no admin interference with the player base, plus you can build wherever you like to, whether it be spawn or faraway on an sky island. Authoritative servers that dictate rules that are written in an incredibly long welcome message which you have to read and walk out all the way out of spawn to build are reaaally tedious and annoying for me, especially when they’re practically everywhere.

1 Like

I prefer anarchy. Satisfies my blood lust, and I can get a lot of loot If I find a big base.

Well I prefer a server with structure maybe not extremely strict but no cussing and stuff I like pvp servers not because I like pvp but I like few protection signs and I like survival

3 Likes

I’d say modified anarchy. Pure vanilla anarchy will get old, but changing the gameplay systems up a bit makes a server more unique, allowing for a bit of freshness in anarchy.

5 Likes

Authoritative. I much more enjoy a server with rules, and good staff.

1 Like

I’d say a mix. civilized, but with less rules

2 Likes

I personally prefer an authoritative server. Anarchy servers are too toxic, and I hate PVP. Plus, having a system of government is cool, because you can progress by doing jobs or starting empires.

1 Like

I like a server with a few basic rules (don’t destroy things, don’t annoy people etc) unless the server is role playing or something. I also like being a mod :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, those are definitely all things I love from an anarchy server. You just don’t get that experience from a strict and rule driven server, otherwise you’ll get hit by the classic kick or ban button. Heck, the first ever server I joined was an anarchy server with no admins or owners online; it was ran and kept alive by the community, until it eventually died out.

1 Like

@AlpineLLJ, if you enjoy complete anarchy, maybe the 2b2t Minecraft server is for you.

A 2b2t Blockheads server would be really cool though!

1 Like

I’d like pvp based servers a whole lot more, if the pvp itself got a good overhaul in mechanic.

1 Like

The problem with anarchy servers is that you can’t make a beautiful base with out attracting armies of raiders. People will constantly grief and destroy the scenery.

1 Like

I’ve definitely heard of it. In fact, I watch FitMC’s videos about it. He manages to make a the history of it so intriguing. I have been on a lot of anarchy servers on the game before but most of it is either not true anarchy or completely dead.

True, but that’s what I find it so fun; it’s high risk with high reward; if you can pull off hiding your base away from everybody else in a huge world a couple of thousand blocks away from spawn, you’re pretty much all set. Servers with a bunch of rules intact get boring and stale, although the same can be said for anarchy. It’s just more interesting to work your way around a place filled with no rules whatsoever.

1 Like

Merged double post.

Double post?

DOUBLE or MULTI-POSTING

Posting to a thread more than once in succession within an hour is not permitted. “In succession” means without others posting in between your posts, resulting in more than one post from you in a row, and within a short period of time. This is a common way for people to attempt to boost post counts, and is not permitted in any of the forums that make up this bulletin board, even those where posts are not counted.

If you wish to post in response to more than one quoted post you may do so, but those responses should still be in a single post.

If you wish to post again to a thread that you are the last poster for within an hour of your last post to it then you may use the Edit Post function at the bottom of your last post to add to it.

If you are starting a thread, for which the first post is likely to grow a great deal over time, such as a world thread or an extensive guide or list of guides, then it is permissible to post a second time immediately after the originating post, so you have the space immediately after OP reserved for more content.

Persistent double posting outside of this will attract sanctions.

I like the type of authoritative servers that have a puzzle or maze you have to do to get out.

1 Like